Sunday 16 July 2017

Top 5 Food Stalls - Camden Market

Aside from its vibrant atmosphere and jumble of eclectic clothing and gift stalls, Camden Market is where its at if you're looking for scrumptious street food in London. I've put together a small list of the top five food stalls from my most recent visit. There's plenty of others I would have liked to have tried but unfortunately you can only eat so much in a day (life is so unfair).

Nazari - Falafel Flatbread

First up was this falafel flatbread from Nazari which was beyond delicious and probably the best I'd ever tasted. Teamed with hummus, baby leaves, lightly dressed cabbage slaw, pomegranate seeds, yoghurt mint garlic tahini and chilli sauce, all wrapped up in a freshly made flatbread. This Middle Eastern and Mediterranean fusion of flavours was an absolute delight. I also opted for the addition of Halloumi which, let's face it, was probably the best decision I made all day.

Makatcha - Rendang 

Makatcha make their Rendang curry using coconut cream, lemon grass, galangal and kaffir lime leaves. They serve with fluffy rice, fresh vegetables, Malaysian peanut sauce and Singaporean achar for the perfect Indonesian taste sensation. This is without a doubt the sort of a dish you want to recreate when you get back home.

Oli Baba - Halloumi Fries

So next up was Oli Baba's infamous Halloumi fries. Back in 2015 these guys caused quite the food riot with their delicious cheesy fries and are still going from strength to strength. Topped with a Middle Eastern sauce, mint leaves, chilli flakes and pomegranate seeds these dreamy deep fried cheese strips are worth every artery clogging calorie.

Perfect Poffertjes - Dutch Pancakes

When I spotted Perfect Poffertjes whipping up a fresh batch of Dutch pancakes I was literally pushing my way to the front of the queue. These little pockets of fluffy goodness are just something else. Great topped with butter and a sprinkling of sugar or (my personal preference) half a pot of Nutella drizzled on top! Probably great to share but I wouldn't know because I scoffed them all.

Lantana Cafe - Hot Chocolate

Finally we stopped off at Lantana Cafe which is located in the middle of Camden Lock Market. So it technically isn't a food stall but I just had to include it. Offering a variety of homemade cakes and speciality coffee this is a great little cafe to stop and take a break from the bustling market outside. As well as serving excellent coffee the hot chocolate was pretty special too, like drinking a cup of melted chocolate, I was in heaven. 


So next time you're in Camden make sure you arrive hungry and dig into the amazing selection of street food on offer. I'm already looking forward to my next visit, however my waistline probably isn't.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig