Sunday 6 August 2017

Joe's Southern Table & Bar - Covent Garden

Joe's Southern Table and Bar is located in the heart of Covent Garden. The former warehouse now serves up American comfort food and quirky cocktails. Spread across three levels, including a basement bar, this place has a fun and vibrant atmosphere.



I'd heard good things about their signature fried chicken so opted for the Buffalo Bun which consisted of a Southern fried chicken thigh, hot Buffalo sauce, Monterey Jack cheese, blue cheese cream and pickled cucumber. Now I have to say the chicken was pretty damn good as was the side of mac 'n' cheese. Unfortunately the fries seasoned with 'chicken salt' were not so great, bordering on bland, maybe they'd forgotten to sprinkle it on...


Then came the cocktails. I'd spotted their cocktail sharer's on Instagram a little while ago. We're talking drinks served in tin teapots, popcorn cups and ceramic heads! Yes it sounds a bit insane but it was right up my street. I went for the Cherry Lincoln and I wasn't disappointed. Jim Beam Red Stag bourbon, Disaronno amaretto, lemon juice and pineapple juice, served up in Abraham Lincoln's head. It was a cocktail sharer but I may have *accidentally* drank it all to myself... hiccup!



If you're in Covent Garden I'd definitely recommend checking this place out for a drink or two. It did get quite noisy as the evening went on so I'd say it's the perfect destination for a few beverages on a Friday night rather than a quiet meal with the family.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig