Thursday 21 September 2017

Post For A Post Day

These days we tend to live our lives through the internet. Whether it’s uploading our holiday snaps to Facebook or finding the best Snapchat filter for our latest story. The truth of the matter is that most of us probably spend too much time shackled to our phones. Hands up, I am guilty of this! I waste away the hours trying to perfect my Instagram grid when in all honestly does it even matter? I feel I sometimes run the risk of not being in the moment as I’m too easily distracted by this device in my hand.


Don't get me wrong, social media is great for keeping in touch with friends and family. Text messages and email are perfect for dropping a line when you haven't got time to call but it's not quite the same as talking in person. I understand it's not feasible for me to drive two hours to see one of my closest friends every time I want to catch up, but then a text doesn't always cut it. I also feel like I run the risk of neglecting friends, especially in a group chat situation, when you've missed the last 30 messages and haven't got the willpower to go through and catch up. 


Sometimes it's nice to leave the technology behind and go back to basics. I love receiving letters in the post as it feels far more personal. However, the art of physically sending something to a loved one is dying out with 40% of millennials confessing to never having sent a handwritten letter, 46% have never sent a surprise parcel and 42% have never sent a thank you card to a loved one. To be honest I'm not surprised by these statistics but I am a little saddened to think that there are people out there that have never posted a handwritten letter! 

When I heard that ipostparcels.com had launched the first ever national 'Post For A Post Day' I knew I wanted in! Its aim is to encourage people to send a meaningful form of communication, whether it be a handwritten letter or surprise parcel instead of sending a text or posting a message via social media, putting the emotion back into posting. So I'm sending my friend this Martin Parr Book. A fun collection of food pictures documenting the simple notion that 'we are what we eat'. Real Food celebrated all things food through the eyes of the renowned British photographer, Martin Parr. Perfect as we're both food and photography lovers! I will also be including a handwritten note to pop in alongside the book. 


So how can you get involved? Instead of communicating with your loved ones via text message or social media, send them a surprise parcel for FREE. To post a small parcel (up to 2kg) for free on 'Post For A Post Day' simply enter the code PFAP at the checkout. For further information click here. The first 100 people to redeem the code between the 18th - 22nd September 2017 will be able to post their parcel for free, so don't hang around! Don't forget to share what you've posted and why using the hashtag #PostForAPost

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig